Friday, February 1, 2008

pay daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

oh! it seems like it has been FOREVER since my last payday! i am so happy. i have been just sickeningly cheerful this morning. at 5am. dan said to me just this morning that money shouldn't make me happy. no, it is not the money. it is the eggs, bread, milk, cheese, and SHOES that i am going to buy with the money. the presents i am going to buy for babies, the old movies i am going to rent for my grandpa (recently laid up due to knee surgery), and taking my family out to eat tonight (with coupons!)... that is what is going to make me happy. plus, i told him, i worked for it. right? i worked, now i get the money. it isn't like i don't deserve the money. I DESERVE THE MONEY! you have no idea how many meals i have made with venison in them over the last 2 weeks. but, i mean, praise God for venison! if we didn't have that i guess dan would have had to fork over some grocery money. now, would he like that? no.:) ok then.

i am not kidding about the venison. my gramps and dan's uncle dick gave us a bunch of frozen meat after Christmas. i have made venison breakfast sausage, venison pot roast in onion and cream of mushroom soups, venison in gravy, barbequed venison sandwiches, venison with pasta, more venison with gravy... i can't even recall. oh yes, then there was the famous venison chili. that was spicy. wow. all within 2 weeks. today i am buying some CHICKEN.

No comments: