Monday, January 14, 2008

le petit brunch

i threw a little party saturday. i had a brunch for my cousin's wife and her 2 children (and 1 on the way). the hardest thing about parties, i think, is getting the guests. i hate the inviting part. it takes forever for me to get up the courage to call. i worry, "do they really want to come and spend time with dumb old me?", "will there be enough to talk about? what if they get bored?", and finally, "will it be awkward when they leave?". am i right? i mean, what if you want them to leave and they linger all day? what if they scram after only an hour? anxieties galor. i can be very neurotic.

i think it went well. my quiche was delicious. the table looked pretty with my blue poinsettia and my swedish table runner. the kids had lots of fun playing with jack's toys. and the conversation did not lapse. halleluia. i think i will do it again.

No comments: