Monday, September 10, 2007

road trip for elerene's 6th b-day

i bummed a ride with my parent's friday to go see my niece on her 6th birthday. on the way we swung by panera bread so i could indulge in a sumptuous lunch. heaven. then we went to the carter's outlet store so my mom could buy jack some more clothes. like he needs them!:) i love carter's baby clothes. jack is so lucky to have so many sweet clothes. he got 2 puppy-themed bodysuits.

my sister's girls were freaking out they were so happy to see us. eme called dibs and she got to hold jack first. we went out to a chinese buffet for dinner because that's ele's favorite. she loves those noodles. i had some salmon and my sister said that i was brave. WHAT!? i thought she had just said the food was good there. thanks a lot, sis.

saturday we went to a farmer's market. i bought jack a hand-knitted blue skull cap. i tried out my loaner baby bjorn and jack wasn't too keen on it. i guess it isn't for us. i also got to see a gorgeous art deco bank and bought a few handmade knit dishcloths.

elerene's party was crazed. it was a princess party and almost every one of the 12 shrieking female guests had a princess costume and jewelry. i had a costume, too. i wore my "paper skirt" (as teddy used to call it), my wedding tiara, gloves, and my faery wings. jack wore a polo onesie and his black velvet suit jacket. too bad angie didn't have time to get him the white tights for his outfit. he would have looked just like prince charming, right? the little girls smeared on purple lip gloss and ran back and forth through the house for 3 hours. i just kept thinking, "at the end of this i get birthday cake and i get to go home to dan.". it kept me sane.

No comments: