Thursday, November 20, 2008

i love hot liquids in the winter

hot peppermint tea, a nice vanilla chai, cocoa, a mocha... i love a hot drink in the winter-time. i am so happy today. i haven't bought an espresso coffee for months. i have been making them myself for a few months now on my home espresso maker (thank you, angie!). today i splurged. my mother, jack and i made a short run to aitkin to hit the bakery and a store for fabric. i decided to go buck wild and get a coffee too. you would have thought i was going to buy a bag of weed (disclaimer: i have never had a drug. just caffeine. i swear!) i was so full of heady, illict delight.:) we went to the bakery first. just so you know how nuts i went, i will list my purchases. i bought: a loaf of uncut "kitchen bread" for 90 cents!!!, a loaf of swedish rye (anise makes it swedish), a dozen hot dog buns, a lemon jelly roll, 6 toffee cookies, 6 m&m cookies, 1 carmel roll with nuts, 3 custard filled doughnuts, 2 raspberry bismarks, 3 glazed raised, and 3 sugar cake doughnuts. it all came to... $14.45. sooooo cheap. i dashed across the street to stash my huge bags of baked goods in the car and came back for my baby.:) while i was gone my mom bought huge bags full of baked goods, also. i swear, i felt like a plundering pirate with bags of booty. i gave jack a cookie as soon as we got to the car. he was begging for it! he says "cookie" now. and i dove into the doughnuts. then i got the coffee. then i moaned and groaned and yelled until i think i scared my mother. today was a very good day. a very good day indeed.

1 comment:

Nora said...

"then i moaned and groaned and yelled until i think i scared my mother"

this over coffee??? hmmmm... you must have scared half the hotel on your honeymoon then...

sorry i couldn't resist