Wednesday, January 20, 2010

what's hot/ what's not

trying something new. a blog i follow, "loobylu", has invited all who want to join in on a little thing called, "what's hot/what's not".

what's hot/not this week:
HOT
- tuna melt playdates with my cousin's wife and 2 of her kids. is it just me, or are tuna melts amusing? and delicious!
- dan's 38th birthday. i love you, dan. you sweet old thing!
- sleepover at my parent's house. jack was in his element. we will be doing it again. especially if my mom's homemade buttermilk pancakes are involved.
- a huge plate of pork fried rice and egg foo young. for $4.75. maybe the highlight of my week.
- family toboggan ride on my gramps's old beauty
- a gift of homemade caramels from a sweet friend

NOT
- haitian earthquake is the first thing that springs to mind. i had a roomie my senior yr of college from haiti. i hope fonia is doing well, wherever she and her family may be. God protect them and give them comfort.
- naughtiness -- jack is being a rip. he locked me out of the house yesterday in 20-some degree weather! etc etc
- tv is dead. died last night a quick death. heard a tiny pop and that was that. hope we get another one before pbs's "emma" this sunday. and then the new season of "survivor" is coming up! and jack is sure to have a meltdown soooooon.

No comments: