Sunday, July 19, 2009

garage sale hoopty doo!

i threw my third garage sale this weekend. we probably won't have another one for years now! so much stuff cleaned out of the house. it is cathartic. cleansing even. once again my cousin-in-law melissa was my sale buddy. new to the crew this year were my sis-in-law--her husband--and my niecey who are dumping their belongings in anticipation of a move in a few years. the garage was PACKED. the tables were overflowing. the weather was pooooopy. i learned the melissa makes a killer tuna salad. the secret is PICKLES! that's the secret of her yummy tuna melts, too.:) my niece, claire, sold out of the brownies she made the first day. such a cute little business woman. on the flip side, no one bought a single hand knit thing from me! i am mortified. i am consoled with the $53 cash that i made, and the tons of stuff that will not be re-entering my home. it's good good good.

No comments: