Tuesday, October 28, 2008

story time...

now for a little story. i have been meaning to share this one for a while. it is a little bit like things that happen to my friend nora. so, cross your legs if you have a weak bladder.

my gramps has a nice garden. he grew 2 or three bushes of jalepeno peppers. a few were for his pickle recipe, but he knows i like jalepenos, so i think he always planned on giving me tons. give me tons he did! i had so many i didn't know what to do with them all. one day i sliced them, seeded them, and froze them for later use.

at some point i touched the inside of my left nostril. immediately my nostril was on fire. really hot. i didn't know what to do. i remember distinctly it was around 9:30 on a weekday because seseme street was on. i am in pain and jack is learning about the number of the day or something. i am writhing in agony on the couch and jack is learning about the word, "tickle", or some such nonsense. (good nonsense. love seseme street.)

what can take away the pain???? i decide ice. i take an ice cube and shove it up my nostril. not so good. starts to melt. it drips on my upper lip. now my lip is burning. not kidding. i freak. i go to the bathroom and wash my face. well, it spreads.

while this has been going on, i wash my hands about a dozen times. i think, "can the jalepeno juice still be on my fingers?". i touch the tip of a finger to the tip of my tongue... wait for it... now my tongue is burning.

now i am so crazed i try to think of something, anything, that i can smear on my face. mayo? gravy? wet flour? milk? what to do. suddenly i think of jack's baby ora-jel. i smeared it in my nostril, on my lip/face, put it on the tip of my tongue... wait... AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! it worked.

next time i mucked around with the peppers i wore rubber gloves!

1 comment:

Nora said...

muhahahahaha... i can just see you with an ice cube jammed up your nostril. and yes... it does sound like something that would happen to me.