Friday, September 19, 2008

this totally cracks me up!

i love these kinds of dumb signs. we stopped to take this photo on the way back from aforementioned ethnic fest last weekend. i could not believe dan was such a good sport about it. sometimes he is a grumpy old man, and sometimes he gets a wee bit giddy.


funny dan story -- dan talks in his sleep. last night i was still awake with a bit of insomnia. i turned over and dan propped himself up on his elbows and said something like "What's that dome full of over there?" i said, "what?". he says a bit testy, "What's that dome full of over there?". he is looking out the bedroom window. ok, so now i know he is sleep-talking. i say, "dan you're alseep. wake up." he says, "i am awake, you FOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!", he tells me with huge amounts of scathing anger. he is now on his hands and knees looking out the window trying to see what is going on. after about a minute he really does wake up and he lies back down. "what were you doing?". "... i thought i saw a dome over there.", he mumbles sheepishly. i proceed to roar with laughter. i tell him that he called me a fool. that was the funniest part. (disclaimer: he would never call me a fool normally.) we are still laughing about it today.

1 comment:

stacymay100 said...

I know you already told me that sleep story, but I am cracking up again. That is soooo funny.